Tuesday, January 5, 2010

YCN - Fedrigoni

I should really be writing my dissertation right now, but, well.... this is just much easier and more fun. Plus, its been a while.

Last month I worked on, probably one of the most unlikely to be fun projects to date. The brief, in short was to create a campaign for the paper company 'Fedrigoni', that entices creatives to go to and regularly use Fedrigoni's new London Showroom. The brief specified that the campaign must showcase the huge range of papers that they have to offer, which looking back I think I ignored.

The project I set myself was to hold a creative rock paper scissors tournament in the showroom for all the leading creative companies in the London area. I thought this would work because:
1. Who wouldnt want to beat their creative competitors?
2. There is every possible chance that anyone can win as it is not based on skill
3. Everyone likes a bit of fun.

The tournament itself actually took a back seat because a star was born during this project. A star that shines so brightly I couldn't keep my eyes off it to the point where it blinded me slightly. That star is BEPPE FEDRIGONI...

Beppe, contrary to popular belief, is the founder and owner of Fedrigoni Ltd, and founded his beloved paper company after his fall from rock paper scissor greatness. After a realisation of how much paper had done for him, he decided to give back, to paper.


Without blabbering on too much, an invitation would be sent out the creatives that contains a package. Inside the package is a scroll containing the first two posters above explaining who Beppe is and what he would like you to do (enter the tournament) and also Beppes famous signature glove for practice purposes.

I will put up the whole typographically illustrated Beppe Fedrigoni story on the next post along with the packaging and tournament poster that will be used for the campaign.

One thing ive learned from this project is to have fun and dont try and do everything yourself.

Massive hand to Kyle Shrives for his help with photography, Marc Stevens for playing a better Beppe than I could ever have imagined, Olly Separamadu for the perfect Gopan Rao, Steve Godfrey for his comic genius and James Hughes for his encouraging enthusiasm and ideas.

I think i'll use that if I actually win the YCN award....


No comments: