Friday, July 31, 2009

NDSM.PIANO.PANTHER.FASHION.

NDSM (maybe it was four other letters,but NDSM sounds about right), is a HUGE warehouse that you have to catch a boat to get to which holds office space for the likes of many creative studios including Dolly Rogers and also happens to have a wicked ass skatepark in it. I guess its better to let them actually explain it in detail....

'A former shipyard on the northern banks of the IJ and larger than 10 football fields, the NDSM wharf is now a center for underground culture in Amsterdam. This huge area contains the
NDSM hall, a hangar-like structure 20,000 sq. meters in area and 20 meters in height, the 6,000-sq. meter Docklandshal and two historic ship slipways(Hellingen) housing workshops and artists’ studios.'




Anyway, I came here to help out on a photoshoot of a Student called Missy who was building a fashion portfolio ready for interview at highly acclaimed fashion School based in the city I called home, Arnhem. (www.modearnhem.nl)

NDSM had completely different photoshot oppurtunities wherever you turned and made for the perfect setting (along with a few added extras)for the diverse range of clothing that missy had designed. I was there to help out with such things as moving the sets around, directing the light reflector, holding bras for models and general mooching about, and I gotta say I did a pretty fucking awesome job.Check it:


The photoshoot was done by Morten (seated in the photography chair), and good guy with killer camera skills...

Rogers couldnt resist playing with the props.

Photoshoots are not as glamorous as one is led to believe.But this model nailed it without any hissy fits whatsoever.


I wasnt lying about having to carry the bras...

The photoshoot ending up taking almost all day and some of the evening but the results were worth the effort and it was a real fun time, for me anyway. I wish Missy the best in her University plans. Here are some of the fruits of our labour:




After a whole day of photoshooting I couldnt contain my inner model and it just burst out of me and straight down the lense and into modelling history.



No comments: