Monday, March 30, 2009

Letcetera

First and foremost, BIG UP DOLLY ROGERS (ive been listening to alot of dub-step recently)

Remember me saying "Its not what you know, it's who you know?", " and "you get to do some cool shit on placement". Well in the next coming posts I will be elaborating in full on what exactly I meant. Here's the first:

I met Dolly Rogers when they were just plain old Jeannette and Chris back in my first placement at Wellcreative. They took me under their wing as a son they will never have and showed me the ropes of the working world.....and Pride, Dream and WEC (nice one Rogers).

Anyway, after Wellcreative went down the shitter we kept in contact, (in fact, I wouldn't be where I am now if it wasn't for them) and they continued to keep me up to date with cool things that were going on in Amsterdam and even got me involved.

The first of such "cool things", was a Zaishu event, which is basically a gathering of artists and designers who like to draw and paint on some small stool/chairs.Google Zaishu if you wanna know more. The gathering was held in a massive warehouse that housed loads of mental artsy shit and also a massive amphibious army tank.


I came to the event just expecting to breathe in the atmosphere and bank it in my placement diary as a nice experience. But as soon as I got there I was handed piece of chair and all of Dolly Rogers materials, which happened to be a fuck load of letraset (spelling?).
So, I got the first of many beers and started scratching. I couldn't help but feel a tad bit cool considering my general surroundings and the awesome people getting their poem/paint/makeshift BBQ on.Anyway, here's the results of my labour(left facing panel):
Thank you Placement Year.

No comments: