Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Week 3 at Uni

The title for this weeks brief is completely in our hands but has to communicate something in the area of 'New Line' or ' Just in' etc. After, asking my genius girlfriend (she really is), what she thought would be a good tagline for this project she replied.

"New Stock......NEW STOCK ON THE BLOCK"

After pissing myself for a second I realised this is a perfect tagline for the target audience of Urban Outfitters, something funny coupled with cool imagery = Urban Outfitters consumer eye catcher. I started work straight away on a few sketchy ideas before we got a crit from our lecturer.

I liked the sketchy look from the felt tips and the colours worked well, so as the quick fixes worked out quite well last week I thought i'd try it again and scanned it in. I played around with the cubes and put them into patterns and brushes etc and it had a really cool effects. I have a couple here :


I really want to use the brush I used more effectively, but at the moment all I have is poor attempts at drawing octupuses. I guess ill put something up if I make something pretty, failing that i'll put the octopus up for comic relief. ANYWAY, check out these two beautys that i've been working on today!


This robot here was made from those shitty cubes I drew on the first image.....I think it worked out rather well.


My work was mentioned as one of the pieces that stood out to the Urban Outfitters member of staff last week, which is awesome! However, I do know rob (the guy who set the brief) fairly well so this could have had something to do with it..... didnt stop me from feeling dead smug though.

Hope you like the work thats pouring out of me recently, maybe ill try and get some comment thing working to get some feedbk......

1 comment:

Katie said...

I'm glad your giving me the publicity I deserve. I was reading the guardian today and it had pictures of albert einstein with black skin and dreadlocks, and margret thatcher with an afro and black skin. It was pretty stupid.