Thursday, April 23, 2009

Obsessions make my life worse and my work better


'In September 2008 Sagmeister Inc. is participating in Droog Event 2: Urban Play. The public art installation will consist of 250.000 eurocents placed on the floor, covering more than 300sqm on a square in Amsterdam (>Map). The coins will spell out the sentence “Obsessions make my life worse and my work better”. The piece is part of the series “Things I have learned in my life so far” by Stefan Sagmeister.'



I helped with this Sagmeister project, but not nearly enough as most of the people there. I put together a serif and sorted out some coins. Juuuuust enough help to brag to everyone that I worked on a sagmeister project. As much as I would have liked to have done more and really put my mark on this amazing project... placing and sorting 1 cent coins in perfectly straight lines is pretty fucking boring and the granite floor almost destroyed my knees.



Anyway, it was awesome to be part of it. There were some really cool people there to talk to (mostly designers of course) and the out come was truly impressive.

Stefan Sagmeister. What a guy.

No comments: